Thursday, June 5, 2008

Blessed

A few days ago I saw a commercial for a lawn fertilizer. There was a man looking over his perfect green lawn with great satisfaction. Then, out of the corner of his eye he sees his daughter picking a dandelion out of his neighbor’s yard, makes a wish and the seeds fall in his yard. He then dives to capture the seeds so that they would not damage his lovely yard. I laughed a little and then went about my day without giving it another thought. A few days later I sat in the chair trying to catch my breath from the rush of the mornings activities, breakfast, getting the kids dressed and on the bus, and watched my 16 month old son dancing around to music coming from the TV. At that moment, it dawned on me…
We are so obsessed with perfection that we seldom stop to make a wish or count our blessing. So, today I will be thankful for my 3 children that God has blessed me with. Does He really care if their socks don’t match!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones